You may get into troubles if you installed recently Java version 8u141. It had a bug that prevent running our java application through Java Web Start. A new release ( 8u144 ) has been deployed from https://www.java.com.
JMMC Hotnews - Be informed of JMMC Announcements, Software news and releases.
August 04, 2017
- Added a broadcasted message filter (with its preference) to avoid multiple application startup simultaneously.
- Added a menu to view our Registry release notes.
- Moved to Maven build system.
- Added SAO IRIS 2.0 application.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed redundant confirmation when AppLauncher's window is closed.
- Minor changes related to frame handling (title, size).
- General application registry update.
- Added ETC-42, OiDB, OImaging applications.
- Cassis, ETC-42, AMDA are now displayed on fresh installations.
- Bug fixes:
- Improve JAVAWS compatibility with non official jdk
- Do not show the feedback report but display the message pane
if a timeout occured while performing JNLP/SAMP auto-test.
June 30, 2017
- Updated documentation and release notes
- Added support for J and H bands in faint mode.
- Display computed Icous magnitude instead of I (johnson) in GUI.
- Added an 'Open Recent' menu.
- Improved JTable look and feel (auto size columns, number formatter and right alignment).
- Enabled GZip compression by default when saving a calibrator list (scvot.gz).
- Increased the minimum required java version from 1.5 to 1.6 (aka java 6)
- Enhanced cross-match algorithm to use proper motions (ASCC, HIP2 or USNO) when querying and matching other catalogs (2MASS, Denis, AKARI).
- Added query to HIP2 'Hipparcos, the New Reduction (van Leeuwen, 2007)' to get more accurate star properties (Ra/Dec, proper motion, parallax).
- Added duplicated stars filter on the ASCC catalog (distance less than 10 arcsec) in bright scenario.
- Modified Bright K scenario to use a larger constraint on V band (Kmaxi + 4 to get more giant stars).
- Modified rule to determine the mean diameter OK (now require 3 diameters, BVK in bright and JHK in faint).
- Compute all possible diameters in both bright and faint scenarii.
- Check the validity domain of each color index before computing its corresponding angular diameter.
- Check 2MASS quality flag (Qflg) to discard invalid J, H or K magnitudes ('U' or 'X' cases only; 'A' to 'E' are still considered valid).
- Fixed 2MASS query in bright scenario to get also USNO optical sources (opt=[TU]) as done in faint scenario.
- Added HIP2 catalog into legend.
- Update the progress bar while loading a large calibrator list (JSDC catalog).
- Enhanced performance of the HTML and CSV exports.
- Optimized filter processing.
- Enhanced performance when using the Delete action.
- Improved global performance when handling large dataset (JSDC catalog).
- Bug fixes:
- Check compatibility of square visibilities with/without interstellar absportion in faint scenario (i.e. reject stars when vis2 are incompatible : DIAM_FLAG = NOK).
- Fixed interstellar absorption (AV) correction on K and V magnitudes in faint scenario.
- Fixed cross-matches near celestian poles in the distance filter.
- Fixed data change detection for user confirmation before loosing changes.
- Fixed missing Hot News/Release Notes/FAQ links in Help menu.
- Developer notes:
- New VOTable format: confidences have integer types, flags move to boolean type (plxFlag, diamFlag, deletedFlag)
- New diam_count column to count number of consistent computed diameters
- Modified Bright K and Faint K scenarii to use only one primary request (ASCC and 2MASS respectively) and other catalogs as secondary requests (proper motion handling).
- Always compute galactic coordinates (i.e. do not retrieve them anymore from catalogs 2MASS or HIPPARCOS).
- Improved performance on JTable cell renderer.
- Use a JPEG icon instead of the PNG to work around a known bug on Mac OS X / Java7.
- Optimized filter processing (use add instead of remove).
- Added VOTable PARAM to embed server and GUI version numbers.
- Fixed TABLE nrows attribute when saving a calibrator list.
- Upgraded SAVOT VOTable library (4.0) with improved overall performance and GZip compression support.
June 01, 2017
- Dynamically compute vis2 / vis2Err and dist columns
when the user changes either the instrumental parameter or the science object (before filtering and sorting).
- Public release for SearchCal 5.0
- First beta release for SearchCal 5.0
- Improved the column sorting to maintain its state accross user interactions
- Added new filter on both chi2 and relative error.
- Added new filter on Simbad's Object types (algol, mira ...) when known (JSDC).
- Use the new JSDC query scenario = fast cone search and magnitude filter implemented by the new SearchCal Server
- Upgraded SearchCal Server: Bright and Faint query modes now use the JSDC V2 (490 000 stars) and complementary data (2M stars)
- Faint mode rewritten to estimate the mean diameter and its error by using the complete spectral type range (min chi2)
- New Polynomial relations implemented (V-J, V-H, V-K) base on Alain Chelli's paper
- Improved Star resolver: report ambiguous matches (more than 1 object per identifier),
better timeout settings (3s for connection) ...
- Fixed the magnitude filter to reject stars where the magnitude is msising for the selected band
- Updated stellar diameter relations (JSDC v2)
- Increased maximum diffRA to 6H ie 360 min.
- Increased maximum query size to 5000 stars
- Updated server version to 5.0.0:
new stellar diameter relations,
totally rewritten rigourous error propagation
fit AV / distance using photometry
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed server crash occuring when the client performs an http retry query (firewall / proxy timeout).
August 19, 2017 08:45 AM
All times are UTC.